Thursday, August 2, 2007

Where the helleck?

Where have I been you say?
I know I should blog every day...I know.
To those three people out there who actually read what I type, I am sorry.
I haven't stopped to even check my e-mail in about 5 days now. Again, to those that write me, I am sorry.
I am having the summer of my mommy life!
I thought having three nippers would slow me down. I thought I would be so overwhelmed that staying home every day would feel like a chore!
How wrong I was. For the first 4 months I did stay home...a lot! And then I got bored and realized it wasn't fair to myself or to my other two. So I packed my bags and headed out. A few easy trips at first; the mall, Chick-a-lay or conveniently crashing other people's houses. It was hard at first, rallying the troops and all their paraphernalia is quite an undertaking.
But I have found my rhythm.
Now we are out on the town every day! Grocery stores, clothing stores, any stores... water parks, city pools, lakes, playgrounds, theme parks, baby clubs, bible schools!
Granted, there are days when I wish I could take a mallet to my head for thinking I could accomplish a trip to the store!
For instance, last week at Target when my hooligans were being...well...hooligans. Hooting and hollering and racing up and down the aisles! I growled at them more than once before I finally got down on the floor to lock eyes! They got the point...but only for 5 minutes. The next thing I know they have turned the shopping cart into a jungle jim and bring the whole thing and all our purchases crashing to the floor ON TOP of Jellibean! Thank God Baby Poni had just tired of riding and had begged a place on my hip. I had to have other Target customers come to my rescue to right the basket and get all my stuff off the floor. I think that was a new shade of red for me!
But there are other days that I feel so happy with my job and all my little chicks that trips like that are soon forgotten.
Well almost...

No comments: