Saturday, December 8, 2007

Back on the horse

Tomorrow I will officially be back in the saddle!
Jasper is his name and hopefully he will turn out to be a horse I can improve my riding style on. Cause right now my style is every horse hates being ridden and will try to get you off any way it can, so hang on for dear life! Then there is no relaxing and enjoying.
It has been nearly 2 years since I've even been on a horse. I really should stop getting pregnant! That seems to be the main contributing factor to this sad truth.
Anyhow, I am excited that I get the chance to expand this part of who I am. I know everyone thought I just had horse fever like so many little girls and one day it would just go away. Well, it hasn't. And it won't.
Sometimes I think I feel closer to my mom when I am on a horse. She would say that is silly. But I cannot help but feel like I got her horse crazy gene and haven't been able to put it to use until now.
I won't ever compete in the olympics, I probably won't ever even be in a horse show. But if all I ever do is learn enough to teach all those little girls, who are like I once was, how to ride a horse, then I'll be happy!

No comments: